The Spanish Amigos Privacy Notice
Spanish Amigos Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
At Spanish Amigos we respect the privacy of the children attending the Club and the privacy of their parents or carers. The personal information that we collect about you and your child is used only to provide appropriate care for them, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our lawful basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is so that we can fulfil our contract with you.
By contracting with Spanish Amigos to use our language classes, you agree – and Spanish Amigos agrees – to be bound by this Privacy Notice.
The personal information we hold
In this website we may collect the following information, if given voluntarily to us by yourself when you make an enquiry:
- E-mail Address
- Postal Address
- Telephone number
- Mobile Telephone Number
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To send you information you requested (where applicable).
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise this website according to your interests.
Fr our clubs any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased one month after your child has ceased attending our Club.
We will use the contact details you give us to contact you via phone, email, and post, so that we can send you information as follows:
- to carry out our obligations arising from our contract with you to provide language classes for your child;
- these may include sending you communications about the learning programme, lesson content, term fees and progress reports.
- these may also include notifying you about changes affecting the classes as they may occur including changes to times, locations, tutors, fees and class special events.
- to enable our Tutors to prepare and run the languages classes safely and successfully
- to enable accurate reporting of registers with the host School or Nursery we hold your contact details and your child’s details in case we need to contact you in an emergency;
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Protecting your information
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- have a safeguarding concern about your child
- are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- engage a supplier to process data on our behalf (eg to take online bookings, or to issue invoices)
- must recover outstanding payments
- have obtained your prior permission.
The following people necessarily have (controlled) access to your information, for us to provide languages classes for your child.
School Office Administrator: At the School or Nursery where we provide your child’s language classes, and with the safety of your child in mind, we may pass your information to the School Office Administrator for the purposes of keeping accurate registers of who is due to attend each class. However, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to achieve this.
In the event of Business Transfer: If we ever decided to transfer or sell some or all of our business to a new provider of language classes then as part of that process we may transfer your personal information to the new provider to ensure that your child continues to receive the language classes you have purchased. However, in such an event, we would take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
* We do need to retain certain types of data (such as records of attendance or contact details) for set periods of time after your child ceases to be in our care, but we delete as much personal data as we can as soon as possible.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Review of the policy
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Spanish Amigos Ltd: Head Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Spanish Amigos Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from May 2018.