¡Hola! Welcome to Spanish Amigos
We are dedicated to providing enjoyable, stimulating and highly effective language classes and clubs in schools. Our teachers are native speakers, highly skilled in engagement and teaching practices, with a great deal of experience. Our courses complement the national language curriculum and we actively promote understanding of the wider cultural context of language learning.
We offer a number of services, including teaching Spanish as part of your curriculum, transitioning from one language to another, in-class support for your own teachers, after-school clubs and expert language tuition for teachers of Spanish and French in schools.
We hope you would like to hear more, so please get in touch and we will arrange a visit.
Spanish is the second world language as a vehicle of international communication and the third as an international language of politics, economics and culture.
- About 400 million people in the world speak Spanish as their first language.
- The demand for Spanish courses has doubled world-wide in ten years.
- Spanish is the official language in 21 countries.
- Approximately another 100 million people speak Spanish as a second language.
- Spanish is expected to be the first language of 50% of the population of the United States within 50 years.
- Spanish is the most popular foreign language to learn in America and Europe.
- Today Spanish is an official language of the UN and its institutions, the European Union and other international institutions.
- The Spanish language is used world-wide on the Internet.
- Latin American countries are experiencing constant economic growth and because of that, are becoming more important as trading partners.
- By learning Spanish you’ll be able to communicate with another half a billion people and will thereby immediately improve your career prospects and global mobility. Latin American countries are becoming more important as trading partners as their economies grow and as the North American Free Trade Area (NAFTA) expands to include more of these countries. Spanish is on the rise in the United States itself, with predictions that the US could become a bilingual English/Spanish country as soon as 2050.
Estamos reclutando profesores que hablen Español, contáctanos para mas información.
Cultural – Did you know that?
Apart from the Spanish Language we want to show you that there is a whole world out there full of traditions, culture and interesting things for you to discover.
With each topic we cover, in our Did you know that? Section, we’ll add cultural notes from different Latin American countries and Spain as well as some geography where applicable.
- To provide a quality and meaningful teaching programme
- Teaching programmes will be both structured and enjoyable
- Every pupil will be treated as an individual with a specific work programme
- To accelerate learning for both immediate use and for further personal development